Bookends 13.0.9 macOS
Bookends is a full-featured and cost-effective bibliography, reference, and information management system for students and professionals. Bookends requires Intel Macs and Mac OS X 10.7 or later.
Bookends is unicode-savvy, so you can mix Roman (English, French, German, etc.) and non-Roman (Japanese, Greek, Hebrew, etc.) characters.
Introducing WYSIWYW (What You See Is What You Want)
A highly configurable, interactive, and editable interface lets you work with reference information the way you want. View Groups or Term Lists (Authors, Keywords, etc.) on the left. In the concise reference view on the right, arrange fields in any order, show just the ones that you find useful, and label them as you like. Editing or entering information is a single click away. Show attachments (pdfs, text files, images, etc.), or use the reference’s URL to show live web pages of its contents. Notecards let you enter, edit, and rearrange your thoughts, and make citing pages in footnotes a snap. Tag clouds let you visualize your terms and word use, and quickly tunnel down to the references you want.
Here are some of many different ways that the same data can be viewed in Bookends:
- Formatted reference, reference summary, single column reference list
- PDF display and outline view
- Groups, browser, and note stream
- Tag cloud
- Term List (Authors)
- Enter/Edit Reference
- View PDF in edit pane
Requirements: macOS 10.9 (Mavericks) or later.
Web Site: http://www.sonnysoftware.com/aboutreferenceminer.html
What’s New in Bookends 13.0.9
- Back and Forward commands have been added to the PDF viewer.
- If Automatically Resize is inactive, a PDF’s zoom level will be remembered when switching between references.
- New AppleEvents have been added that let you get and set the contents of multiple reference fields at once, set reference Types, and get the Bookends version number.
- Bookends will import the Status field in a Sente XML file to User19.
- Optionclicking on the Online Search button forces Bookends to open the Online Search window with Bookends Browser selected.
- Updated automatic downloading of PDFs from PubMed Central to deal with changes made by PubMed.
- Window > Reset Window Position can be applied to any window that appears in the Window menu.
- Updated Open PDF with PDFPen to work with currently shipping versions of PDFPen.
- Bug fixes.