Descriptions for Downie 3.0 Beta 19
Version: 3.0 Beta 19
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.11 or later
Includes: Keygen (CORE)
Web Site: http://software.charliemonroe.net/downie.php
Downie supports more than 1,000 popular sites, such as YouTube (including 4K videos), Vimeo, MetaCafe, iView, Facebook and many others. Choose the quality and format of the downloaded file and enjoy your favorite videos.
List of supported services:
YouTube, Vimeo, trailers.apple.com, CNBC, NHL, LiveLeak, Insanee, Daily Haha,
BlipTV, DotSub, Daily Motion, Over Stream, eHow, Devil Ducky, PlayFM, PBS, Vine.Co,
MetaCafe, iView, Bofunk, MadiaSilo, MTV, V-Vids, 15min.lt, Break.com, CollegeHumor,
EBaum’s World, ESPN.go.com, NicoVideo.jp, NoiseTrade, On.AOL, Billboard, Cook’s Illustrated,
FunnyOrDie, MLB, Bloomberg, Craftsy, Facebook, Kickstarter, Lynda, NBC News,
Rotten Tomatoes, Slashdot, South Park Studios, Video Detective, etc.
What’s New in Downie 3.0?
- New: Ability to control Downie from the menu bar.
- New: Support for HLS subtitles.
- New: Ability to close main window without closing the app.
- New: Rename downloads during the download or even after they finished.
- New: Simple mode – less distracting way to display your downloads.
- New: Option not to activate Downie when using Safari extension.
- New: Option to sort downloaded files by website, playlist and include playlist information in file name.
- New: Support for DASH stream downloads.
- New: Select the links you want to download in case Downie finds multiple downloads on a single page.
- New: Schedule delayed download start.
- Improved: Completely rewritten download of HLS streams – it is up to 4 times faster.
- Improved: Thanks to Downie’s new video analysis, the postprocessing for HLS downloads now takes seconds instead of minutes.
- Improved: History window is now extended and includes icon previews.
- Improved: Rewritten automatic quality selection so that highest resolution gets always picked.
- Improved: Ability to send a generic bug report right from the app.
- Improved: The User-Guided Extraction has been much improved, highlights more probable downloads, displays details about proposed downloads and can hide the sidebar.
- Improved: Memory management – after launch, Downie takes about 10-20MB less memory, the User-Guided Extraction memory cleanup is improved, the Login Browser uses a new generation of web browser on macOS 10.13 or later.
- Improved: Processing YouTube (and some other) links uses considerably less memory.